Redirecting ~user to another server, how ?

Redirecting ~user to another server, how ?

Post by Bert Helthu » Thu, 19 Oct 1995 04:00:00

I'd like to redirect queries like

  http://www.here/~foo   to
  http://www.there/~foo

Is this possible with  NCSA/Apache, and if so, how ?
I remember reading about this several months ago, but I cannot remember
what the outcome was ..

Thank you in advance ..

Bert Helthuis

Redirecting ~user to another server, how ?

Post by Lou Sortm » Fri, 20 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I'd like to redirect queries like

>  http://www.here/~foo   to
>  http://www.there/~foo

>Is this possible with  NCSA/Apache, and if so, how ?

Set up an Alias.
I think you do that in srm.conf.

1. Apache: redirect ~user for 1500 people to 7 different servers ?

Hello,

We have approx. 1500 user accounts distributed over 7 WWW servers.
I want to set up our main server to redirect each ~user request it receives
to one of those other servers.
I'm now running  plexus, in which this is no big problem, actually
it has been working for a year now, but I'm considering to switch to
Apache.
So my problem is, can this be done in Apache, and so, how ?
If not, why not ?

Thanks in advance,

Bert Helthuis

2. Anyone suffered TCP lockups due to apache eating FDs?

3. apache : how to redirect user home pages to another server

4. mem usage question

5. apache user dir cannot redirect to index.html

6. Remote control 4 linux box

7. Conditional (on user) Redirecting Proxy

8. Just Getting Serious

9. Redirecting user input from the console

10. .htaccess and user redirect

11. Redirected User Mail Directory

12. Redirecting printjob to user process?

13. Redirecting Mail to Unknown User