Proxy server to another proxy server

Post by timothy.m.cr.. » Thu, 15 Jul 1999 04:00:00

How can I configure Apache's proxy function to use another proxy
server?  I sit behind a corporate firewall/proxy and want to first
cache the files at my Linux server before using the corporate proxy
server.  I know it sounds weird but it is what I want to do.

Is this possible?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Post by Ron Klatchk » Thu, 15 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> How can I configure Apache's proxy function to use another proxy
> server?

ProxyRemote
http://www.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxyremote

moo

Proxy server to another proxy server

Post by ReplyTo_PlatoAtAccesswestDotC » Mon, 26 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I point my home (Apache) proxy to my ISP's proxy (Squid) with the
following directive.

ProxyRemote * http://proxy.my_isp.com:8080

I've been doing this for several months and it works great.