Help with virtual hosts setup

Post by David V. Corni » Sat, 14 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I am tring to set up virtual hosts.  I am running apache 1.1.1,
and when I setup the httpd.conf file with
<VirtualHost xyz.com>

DocumentRoot /usr/WEB/xyz
ErrorLog logs/xyz-error.log
TransferLog logs/xyz-access.log
</VirtualHost>

I get an error about VirtualHost as a bad command.  What am I
doing wrong???

Thanks in advance.

David

1. Apache 1.3b2: Default Host and all virtual hosts serve only first virtual hosts pages?

Hello.

Have been running 1.2b8 for a intranet and decided to move upto 1.3b2. I
have several name based virtual hosts that have been working under
1.2b8. After compiling and installing 1.3b2 my virtual hosts do not
work. In fact what happens is that even though DocumentRoot and default
server name is different, eg: www.serverA.net pointing to /www/default,
Apache 1.3b2 will always take me to the first defined virtual host as if
it's locked to it no matter what virtual host I try to browse. What
gives? Please post and E-Mail.

In /etc/hosts for my machines IP address I have

A.B.C.D         www.default.net www.virtA.net www.virtB.net

In ../conf/httpd.conf I have;

<VirtualHost www.virtA.net>

DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/virtA
ServerName www.virtA.net
ErrorLog logs/virtA.error.log
TransferLog logs/virtA.access.log
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost www.virtB.net>

DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/virtB
ServerName www.virtB.net
ErrorLog logs/virtB.error.log
TransferLog logs/virtB.access.log
</VirtualHost>

--

2. Tips for linux

3. Appropriate HTTP Error Code for "No Default Host" in Name-Based Virtual Host Setup

4. `magic-space' in Gnu bash ?

5. FrontPage virtual hosting, removal or reset of virtual host

6. modems and rh 6. on partitions

7. : How to prevent one named virtual host from "seeing" another virtual hosts files ?

8. Bash/CGI - - HTML call to Bash script

9. Mixing Apache Name Based Virtual Hosts and SSL Virtual Host

10. For Discussion: web virtual hosting vs mail virtual hosting

11. Help: setup name-based or port-based virtual web host.

12. Help me setup Virtual Hosts, please

13. HELP: Virtual domain/Virtual hosts ?