Web stats for Apache Web server on Linux

Web stats for Apache Web server on Linux

Post by Dimension System » Wed, 26 Sep 2001 21:27:38

Greetings all,

I'm seeking a good web stats program we can run on our Linux Apache web
servers.

We tried "AWStats", a free program-- but it seems to constantly hang up and
need attention.

If anyone has recommendations, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Leo

Web stats for Apache Web server on Linux

Quote:>Greetings all,

http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/

Post by Jorey Bum » Thu, 27 Sep 2001 01:41:18

> Greetings all,

> I'm seeking a good web stats program we can run on our Linux Apache web
> servers.

> We tried "AWStats", a free program-- but it seems to constantly hang up
> and need attention.

> If anyone has recommendations, please let me know.

> Sincerely,

> Leo

analog is the best:

 http://www.analog.cx/

You can use Report Magic to make it pretty, but the Linux install program
is the worst I've ever seen. It runs fine on Windows, though.

 http://www.reportmagic.org/

Don't forget perl or awk, if you want to roll your own:

 awk '/\.ida/ {print $1}' /var/log/httpd/access_log | sort | uniq

will return a list of IP addresses that are sending Code Red exploits.

Post by Martin Vorlaend » Thu, 27 Sep 2001 00:36:45

> I'm seeking a good web stats program we can run on our Linux Apache web
> servers.

> We tried "AWStats", a free program-- but it seems to constantly hang up
> and need attention.

> If anyone has recommendations, please let me know.

*The* free weblog analyzer: Analog, http://www.analog.cx/
And for pretty graphics: ReportMagic, http://www.reportmagic.com/

cu,
  Martin
--
One OS to rule them all       | Martin Vorlaender  |  VMS & WNT programmer

One OS to bring them all      |   http://www.pdv-systeme.de/users/martinv/

Web stats for Apache Web server on Linux

Post by Todd Hagemose » Fri, 28 Sep 2001 21:05:10

Greetings Leo,

Please take a look at NetTracker offered by Sane Solutions at www.sane.com.

Thank you,
Todd Hagemoser