Apache and Public_html

Post by Daniel Parent » Thu, 30 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
    i just finish to install apache 1.3.0 on my machine. I was working with
apache 1.2.0  and  I had some users with their own local pages with the
directory "public_html" . After the installation of the new version no one
can access my users homepage. I thinh that it must be some mechanism
protection in the configuration of the new version of apache, but i would
like it disabled. Can any one help me??

                    Daniel

1. PUBLIC_HTML with Redhat and Apache

I am trying to make users able to setup user web pages using apache.
The apache that is installed is the stock apache that comes with Red
Hat 6.0. The web server works fine directly to the IP, but when I try
to view a users page it does not work.

http://IPADDRESS.COM/~username

that is what I want to be able to do.....so all my users (just my
family) can have their own simple web site up.

Any ideas? Thanks!

2. Boot RH 5.0 w/out floppy?

3. public_html and Apache

4. cc installation problem - cannot exec ld

5. apache access to public_html directory of user with umlaut in his name

6. Newbie Probs in Solaris. . . .

7. Apache problem with Per-user Web Directories (public_html)

8. Boot from a netowrk for installation ???

9. How do I tell apache to grant access to public_html?

10. Apache server public_html access

11. Apache 1.3.0 and public_html

12. Apache not authorized to read public_html dir

13. Apache - accessing user (public_html) dir.