converting Word docs to html

Post by Randy Roko » Thu, 19 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hello there....

I am looking for a product/utility that will convert WordPerfect documents
into html.  We currently save Word documents in rich-text format, then run
a script that converts the result into html.  I was looking for a product
that would be more robust (not to mention save more of the original format).

Thanks!

Randy Rokosz

Post by Justin Youn » Fri, 20 Sep 1996 04:00:00

> Hello there....

> I am looking for a product/utility that will convert WordPerfect documents
> into html.  We currently save Word documents in rich-text format, then run
> a script that converts the result into html.  I was looking for a product
> that would be more robust (not to mention save more of the original format).

> Thanks!

> Randy Rokosz

Don't take this the wrong way, but Microsoft actually has a *free*
product which has been available for nearly 1.5 years called Internet
Assistant.  you can download it at
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/WORDIA.EXE
(I think!)
Note, this requires Word 6.0a or later.  For Word 7, get the new
versions from Microsoft's Web site.  Hope this helps.

1. Converting Word *.doc -> HTML

Is there anyone who knows about an application
that converts MS Word documents to HTML pages?

We would be very happy to collaborate with anyone
who is already developing such application.

That application would help to kill MS monopoly...

Thank you very much.

                        Ciao, Valerio

 Studente del Corso di Laurea in Informatica, facolta' di Scienze,
 Universita' degli Studi di Bologna, Italia. Matricola n.1674 1295
       Rappresentante degli Studenti al Consiglio di C.d.L.

 Via B. Gigli 24/2 40137 Bologna BO Italia Tel.+Fax +39 85 6238136

2. <defunct> processes

3. Converting linked HTML docs to one doc - how?

4. FTPping Linux, auto TAR services

5. translate from MS Word doc (.doc) to Portable doc (.pdf) with Solaris 5.6

6. problem setting up JDK1.1.3

7. Wanted: Conversion utility MS Word *.DOC -> *.HTML ..?

8. Linux passwd hole

9. Convert word .doc to PDF

10. Convert Doc to Html

11. Convert Word-DOC to PostScript

12. Can I convert word to HTML on the fly?

13. Convert MS Word docs to FrameMaker