Apache and FTP to _exclusive_ sub-directory

Apache and FTP to _exclusive_ sub-directory

Post by Richard Fol » Tue, 25 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Running Apache on Irix 5.3

Is there a simple (?) solution to allowing 'x' into a sub-directory of a
full IP address/domain, as _their_ ftp'able directory?

I can create a new domain and link it to an IP address.
Within that I wish to make several more directories which several
parties can access _directly_, _exclusively_ and without being able to
get out into the main 'holding' directory which is full of other stuff.

.htaccess doesn't quite fit the bill.

Hints anyone?
Clear instructions possibly?  :-)

TIA
Richard

--

Maintainer of the Technical Illustration FAQ - "Techill-FAQ"
http://www.rfitech.com/

1. Apache logfile analysis by sub-directory

I am looking for a access_log analysis program (Apache 1.3, combined
log format) which is able to generate full HTML formatted stats for SUB
FOLDERS of a Web site.

i.e. If I have two departments a & b, I want to be able to supply the
Web editor of each department with a URL which will give them info on
no. of hits, top referrer, user agent etc for their department's pages.

All the tools I have found so far only analyse the full data-set for a
site, and can't break it down by directory to give totally separate
reports for sub-sections of the site.

TIA for your assistance.

Mat

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Cable modem sharing with Windows

3. how to copy directory and sub-directory

4. Can't execute files via NFS

5. Sub-sub-sub-sub-sub subdomains?

6. US-MO-St.Louis Solaris System Administrator

7. Can't see files inside a NFS server sub-directory

8. HD partition GURUS AROUND???

9. Sub-Directory Default Document

10. NFS unable to export sub-directory?

11. wget: how to download a sub-directory correctly?

12. Mounting of NFS sub-directory on Solaris 2.6

13. Restoring sub-directory for tape