Trouble with Listen directive and Apache 1.1.1

Trouble with Listen directive and Apache 1.1.1

Post by Aaron Holt » Sun, 17 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Hello.  I am having some troubles using the Listen directive under
Apache 1.1.1    My Listen lines look as follows:

Listen 111.111.111.1:80
Listen 111.111.111.2:80

Whenever I have more than one Listen directive, I get an error when
starting the server:

Could not assigned requested address
httpd: could not bind to address 111.111.111.2 port 80

If I comment out one of the Listen lines, then it will fire up.  This
works regardless of which Listen directive that I comment out.  If I
comment out the first line, then the second address works.  If I comment
out the second line, then the first address works.  I know that the IP
addresses are good and are arping properly, so I am not sure why the
trouble with more than one directive.  This web server starts up on
another port, so I need to tell the listen directives to watch for these
IP addresses on port 80.  If anyone has had trouble with more than one
Listen directive, or sees trouble with my logic, the help would be
appreciated!  Thanks to all who can help.

                                                Aaron

Aaron Holtz
First Network Group    "The First Name in Internetworking"

"Sometimes it can't be done.
 But then, there is wisdom."

1. Apache : LISTEN directive and SERVER_PORT environment Variable, HELP

I had a CGI using the SERVER_PORT environment variable to
select a configuration.

I'd like to have apache listening on many ports, so i must
use the LISTEN directive on each port. But this directive
force the SERVER_PORT to 80 when the CGI is called.

I tried to use a RewriteRule to set SERVER_PORT to the
correct value :

RewriteRule xxx xxx [E=SERVER_PORT:1234]

but this variable is set after the RewriteRule
is applied.

Has somebody an other idea ???

thanks.

Bruno Pennec EDF - DER

2. Is this "Bourne baby talk" or an OK solution?

3. Apache Listen directive

4. HomePlug support?

5. Unable to have multiple Listen directives with Apache 2.0.16

6. trying to put together system...

7. Apache listen directive make server load high.

8. ftp/ftpd user restrictions

9. Apache and Listen Directive not working

10. apache listen to port 80, another standalone apache+modssl listen port 443, not working..?!

11. Troubles with UserDir Apache directive

12. (newbie. ) listen directive question?

13. Listen Directives