ISP with VirtualHost support?

Post by Tim Hewit » Thu, 25 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm looking for a service provider who will allow me to have multiple
virtual servers running under my domain.  I would prefer someone running
Apache, with all the standard "full service" support available so I can
run my own cgi applications, etc.

I would like to be able to set up my own virtual hosts at will, ie

   mynode1.mydomain
   mynode2.mydomain
   mynode3.mydomain etc

without paying additional service charges, setup charges, etc. I'd also
like to see the basic service for around $20 a month, with no preset
limits on data transfered, etc. I have all but the virtualhosts part
today in my current ISP, but they are not interested in letting me have
any "sub" domain control.

Does anyone offer this level of service today? Am I asking too much?
Anyone out there do this already?

Thanks,

-Tim