terrible Apache performance

Post by Olivier Lefevr » Wed, 30 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I just set up my box with Apache, to learn first hand about httpd,
and the first thing I notice is that, even after I've tried to
tweak it, it is abysmally slow in normal mode. In debug mode (-X
flag), however, it flies. Does anybody have any clue as to where
I should look for an explanation of that behaviour?

Right now, it is unusable, so your comments will be appreciated.

Olivier Lefevre

1. terrible slip performance

I am using slip between an hp9000/720 hpux9.01 system and a linux box
running pl99.13.  I got slip to start, but the performance is
terrible.  Pings take >1sec.  Eventually it just hangs.

Has anyone ever gotten good results using slip to an hp box (hp calls
this ppl)?

2. exmh - setting up for PPP

3. terrible video performance ?

4. support for adb devices?

5. Terrible 100Mbit Ethernet performance with 3Com Fast Etherlink XL

6. NNTP_INEWS?

7. Terrible network performance !!!

8. Modem Help

9. Terrible AIT3 performance.

10. NFS V3 terrible performance when system is client & server

11. IP Masquerading and terrible performance ...

12. Query: Terrible Samba performance Linux->Win98

13. Terrible TCP transmit performance