Apache 1.3.3 : Internal Server Error

Post by Louis-Marie WATTEBLE » Fri, 04 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I've just upgraded from Apache v1.2 to v1.3.3;

I have a problem using .htaccess file :

1. in access.conf, I have :

<Directory /admin/prof/*/public_html>
order deny,allow
deny from all
AllowOverride All
Options FollowSymLinks IncludesNOEXEC
</Directory>

2. in /admin/prof/mqg/public_html/.htaccess, I have :

deny from all
allow from escp.fr
satisfy any

Problem :
---------
This configuration worked fine with Apache v1.2;
With Apache v1.3.3, when I'm accessing http://www....../~mqg,
the Apache server gets :

Internal Server Error
unable to complete your request.

I have no message in error_log and no message in access_log in relation
with this access.

What can I do ?

--

Louis-Marie Wattebled
Ecole Superieure de commerce de Paris.

Apache 1.3.3 : Internal Server Error

Post by Louis-Marie WATTEBLE » Fri, 04 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> Are you sure the .htaccess file has correct read permissions?

Yes; If I ask for ~mqg/.htaccess
==> I get it (I know it's not goot for security reasons
              but this is a test)

Quote:> Why are you using "satisfy any"? There's no Auth* directives
> in your config excerpt.
> Try using the following directives in your .htaccess file:

>  order allow,deny
>  allow from escp.fr

Yes, it's working !!!!!

Thanks a lot for your help.

1. Apache 1.3.27 internal server error by unknown mime type

Apache 1.3.27 (also confirmed in 1.3.22, but it is obsolete in these
days)
Tru64Unix 5.1a

pointing browser to the URL which leads to the file with no extension
(suffix) in the name or with the extension not listed in mime.types
file results in the "internal server error" message. Renaming the same
file to the one with known extension works fine. The value of
"DefaultType" has no effect on this.
No relevant entry in error_log, only the line with code 500 in
access_log.

STRANGE: this problem concerns only some binary files, not all -
gzipping the file has no effect, but inserting a few bytes at the
beginning of the file leads to proper handling of ot (but the contents
is then dmaged, of course).

Is this a known bug or configuration issue ?

Example:

not working:
http://lib.natur.cuni.cz/~komanek/webland/html/Blansko
http://lib.natur.cuni.cz/~komanek/webland/html/Blansko.x
working well:
http://lib.natur.cuni.cz/~komanek/webland/html/Blansko.tgz

Thanks for any possible comments,

David Komanek

2. Looking for documentation for SUSE6.1

3. Q: Internal Server Error 500 on Apache 1.2

4. Booting w/Dynamic Drive Overlay?

5. internal server error in running cgi from a just installed apache /linux /redhat

6. Uniplex

7. Internal Server Error - Apache

8. test, don't waste u'r time

9. IndexIgnore in .htaccess results in Internal Server Error (Apache)

10. Why do I get an Internal Server Error from Apache 1.3.6 on Solaris 2.6?

11. 500 Internal server error in apache 1.3

12. Internal Server Error on a Heavy Loaded Server

13. (Review ID: 164268) HotSpot Virtual Machine Error, Internal Error; Error ID: 4F533F4C494E55580E43505