Website not found error message 404

Post by Gulshe » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 07:02:37

Hello,

   We have apache web server 1.3 running but somehow we cannot access
webpages/users defined on it. It was running fine this morning, but
can't access webpages now.

*  The server is up, we tried pinging.
*  Restarted Apache server .. did not help
*  Webpages can be accessed locally and are fine.
*  Checked for viruses ..none found

  From all this, i think that we need to redefine the users folder
(the way it is shared), but don't know how to do this.

I will greatly appreciate if someone can help on this.

Thanks!

Post by Klaus Johannes Rusc » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 18:51:58

>    We have apache web server 1.3 running but somehow we cannot access
> webpages/users defined on it. It was running fine this morning, but
> can't access webpages now.

> *  The server is up, we tried pinging.
> *  Restarted Apache server .. did not help
> *  Webpages can be accessed locally and are fine.
> *  Checked for viruses ..none found

>   From all this, i think that we need to redefine the users folder
> (the way it is shared), but don't know how to do this.

Do you get a 404 error message or can you not reach the server at all?
Your subject line implies the former, the detailled description and
problem determination steps the latter.

--
Klaus Johannes Rusch

http://www.atmedia.net/KlausRusch/

Website not found error message 404

Post by Gulshe » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 23:18:23

AS mentioned earlier, i can reach the server, its pinging  but somehow
its not hosting the user directory so getting 404 error. Though it
does host the root directory.

Thanks!

> >    We have apache web server 1.3 running but somehow we cannot access
> > webpages/users defined on it. It was running fine this morning, but
> > can't access webpages now.

> > *  The server is up, we tried pinging.
> > *  Restarted Apache server .. did not help
> > *  Webpages can be accessed locally and are fine.
> > *  Checked for viruses ..none found

> >   From all this, i think that we need to redefine the users folder
> > (the way it is shared), but don't know how to do this.

> Do you get a 404 error message or can you not reach the server at all?
> Your subject line implies the former, the detailled description and
> problem determination steps the latter.

1. Customize 404 "Not found" message by directory

Hello,

We had to temporarily remove some previously published web pages from
our web server until we get content copyright issues settled. In the
meantime, we're concerned about those users who have bookmarked these
pages and are still trying to access them. Instead of giving them the
standard 404 "Not found" error we would like to display  a special
message informing them of the status of the pages and the interim
measures we are taking. So I would like to know if its possible to
create a unique 404 messages for just those files in this particular
directory of our web tree and also have a other 404 messages for files
in other parts of the tree.

TIA

2. Trim trailing spaces

3. Can Redirect 404 Page not found error to Real Application?

4. ATI Mach64 not detected in my GW2K system???

5. Page not found error 404 - Please help

6. linux smp/RT development question.

7. Error 404 (requested URL not found) from NCSA

9. Error 404 and other custom messages.

10. Apache 1.3.14: Sporadic 403 and 404 error messages

11. Custom 404 error message in Apache

12. IE5 intercepts 404 Error Message

13. Apache/404 (not founds)/Search Engines - how?