Subdomains

Post by curiou » Mon, 17 Jul 2000 04:00:00

The following is the configuration I use to setup subdomains on my server.
It works for all but one particular site. Instead of pointing to the index
page in the subdirectory of the main domain, it returns the index page for
the main domain. Any ideas why it would do this?

<VirtualHost 00.00.00.00>
DocumentRoot /home/domain/www/subdomain
ServerName subdomain.domain.com
ServerAlias www.subdomain.domain.com
</VirtualHost>

Subdomains

Post by Joshua Sliv » Mon, 17 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> The following is the configuration I use to setup subdomains on my server.
> It works for all but one particular site. Instead of pointing to the index
> page in the subdirectory of the main domain, it returns the index page for
> the main domain. Any ideas why it would do this?
> <VirtualHost 00.00.00.00>
> DocumentRoot /home/domain/www/subdomain
> ServerName subdomain.domain.com
> ServerAlias www.subdomain.domain.com
> </VirtualHost>

Wrong IP address? Wrong Domain name?

Without real config information with real site names/ip addresses
it is rather hard to help.

--
Joshua Slive

http://finance.commerce.ubc.ca/~slive/

Subdomains

Post by curiou » Mon, 17 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Thanks Josh --
I forgot the NameVirtualHost directive -- it works fine now.

> > The following is the configuration I use to setup subdomains on my
server.
> > It works for all but one particular site. Instead of pointing to the
> > page in the subdirectory of the main domain, it returns the index page
for
> > the main domain. Any ideas why it would do this?

> > <VirtualHost 00.00.00.00>
> > DocumentRoot /home/domain/www/subdomain
> > ServerName subdomain.domain.com
> > ServerAlias www.subdomain.domain.com
> > </VirtualHost>

> Wrong IP address? Wrong Domain name?

> Without real config information with real site names/ip addresses
> it is rather hard to help.

> --
> Joshua Slive

> http://finance.commerce.ubc.ca/~slive/

1. ServerName without any subdomain listed matches all subdomains

Hi all,

In Apache (2.0.40) VirtualHost configuration it appears a ServerName of
the form domain.co.nz will match any subdomain as well! (like
abc.domain.co.nz). And it will match this entry even if I place the
non-subdomain entry at the end of the configuration file.

Is there a way to specify a ServerName in VirtualHost that is only
supposed to be accessed when no subdomain has been specifed?

Thanks,
Adam

2. Network modems--possible?

3. !!!NIS+ Subdomain Questions, Please Help!!!

4. who is this sad fcuk, on of Geritol, LaneDance, Plad, CrazyTrain, Depardeau, Fredrico, HHippo, Nigerian 419, Ryan, Seth J, Taylor, ourny, Jabber

5. HOW TO: multi-server free subdomain hosting?

6. Help - redirect cu receive messages

7. DNS and Subdomain Delegation

8. AIX 4.2.1 Enabling Write Cache on IBM DGHS disks

9. Local Subdomains

10. Named and subdomains help needed

11. Nameservice for a Subdomain

12. Apache and subdomains

13. Apache Wildcard SubDomain mapping to file tree