FrontPage Module/Extentions Available for Apache v1.3b6 on FreeBSD

FrontPage Module/Extentions Available for Apache v1.3b6 on FreeBSD

Post by Scot W. Hetze » Thu, 21 May 1998 04:00:00

I just completed the port for the FrontPage Extensions to FreeBSD.  It is
currently working, but doesn't show the correct SERVER_SUBVERSION.  I
defined it in the Makefile.tmpl under ../src/main, but apparently that is
not where it belong.  When I go to FrontPage Explorer and click on
"Tools" --> "Web Settings" all I get under the "Configuration" tab for
"Server Version" is "Apache/1.3b6", where it is supposed to show
"Apache/1.3b6 FrontPage/3.04".  The "Configuration" tab does show the
correct server extensions "3.0.2.1330".

Where do you define SERVER_SUBVERSION?

Scot W. Hetzel
Maintainer of the FreeBSD Apache/FrontPage Port

The Ports are available from:

http://www.westbend.net/~hetzels/apache-fp

Currently, there is no link to Apache-fp 1.3b6 but is available at:
http://www.westbend.net/~hetzels/apache-fp/apache-fp.13b6.tgz

FrontPage Module/Extentions Available for Apache v1.3b6 on FreeBSD

Post by Jochen Knu » Thu, 21 May 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

On Wed, 20 May 1998 12:05:56 -0500, "Scot W. Hetzel"

>I just completed the port for the FrontPage Extensions to FreeBSD.  It is
>currently working, but doesn't show the correct SERVER_SUBVERSION.
[...]
>Where do you define SERVER_SUBVERSION?

From the PHP3 Mailinglist in a message from

Quote:>Just a heads up that SERVER_SUBVERSION no longer adds itself to the
>end of what's reported as the Server Version for Apache... Instead,
>a new API function, ap_add_version_component() is used by modules
>to "register" strings that should be added, eg:
>    ap_add_version_component("PHP/3.0RC4");

HTH,

Jochen
P.S.: And thanks for the FreeBSD Port!

FrontPage Module/Extentions Available for Apache v1.3b6 on FreeBSD

Post by Scot W. Hetze » Thu, 21 May 1998 04:00:00

>On Wed, 20 May 1998 12:05:56 -0500, "Scot W. Hetzel"

>>Where do you define SERVER_SUBVERSION?

>From the PHP3 Mailinglist in a message from

>>Just a heads up that SERVER_SUBVERSION no longer adds itself to the
>>end of what's reported as the Server Version for Apache... Instead,
>>a new API function, ap_add_version_component() is used by modules
>>to "register" strings that should be added, eg:

>>    ap_add_version_component("PHP/3.0RC4");

The above function isn't in the 1.3b6 sources, guess I'll have to wait till
1.3b7 to use it.  I did get the SERVER_SUBVERSION working by editing the
Configure script and adding
"SUBVERSION=FrontPage/3.0.4", just before it defines SERVER_SUBVERSION.

The latest apache-fp port v1.3b6.a is now available at:

http://www.westbend.net/~hetzels/apache-fp/beta.html

http://www.westbend.net/~hetzels/apache-fp/apache-fp.13b6.a.tgz

And corrects the following problem with the previous port:

1. SERVER_SUBVERSION is now defined to "FrontPage/3.0.4" in src/Configure
2. ResourceConfig and AccessConfig now use $(sysconfdir)

Scot

1. Apache v1.3b7 w/FrontPage Extentions available for FreeBSD

The FrontPage port for Apache v.1.3 has been upgraded for v1.3B7.

The change added to this version of the FreeBSD Apache-FP port is the use of
ap_add_version_component, which will add "FrontPage/3.0.4.2" to the server
version information.

v3.0.4.2 changes

* Use of ap_add_version_component to display server subversion info.

v3.0.4.1 changes
* Shtml.dll - shtml.exe patch, corrects problem where FrontPage Extensions
expect to execute shtml.dll on a unix server, which doesn't exist.  The
patch calls shtml.exe, if a url uses shtml.dll.
* Added define for RAND_CMD to allow FreeBSD, NetBSD, and OpenBSD to use the
bsdi RAND_CMD.

NOTE: v3.0.4.1-2 are not supported officially by MS or RTR.

The port for v1.3b7 is available at:
http://www.westbend.net/~hetzels/apache-fp/beta.html

The port for v1.26 is available at:
http://www.westbend.net/~hetzels/apache-fp

Scot

2. How to remove "Denied connection from" from /var/log/messages?

3. FrontPage module now works as a DSO in apache v1.3.0

4. Help on installing ethernet card

5. Apache v1.3.0 and FrontPage Module

6. X login problems

7. Frontpage Server Extention and FreeBSD

8. Linux on IBM P70 portable?

9. Microsoft Frontpage Extention to FreeBSD

10. Apache 1.2.5 and frontpage extentions

11. Frontpage extentions on Apache

12. Apache 1.3.6 / Frontpage Extentions

13. Apache server with Frontpage extentions