I've run Apache JServ 1.1 successfully under NT, but now that I'm moving
to Solaris 2.6, I'm having nothing but troubles. I'd appreciate it if
someone could help out. (I have a critical project counting on this
installation, and I don't want to go to another web server at this stage
of the game.)
When I try to run the example servlets that come with the JServ
distribution, I get the following bizarre behavior:
- Error message in browser (Netscape 4.7): "Your browser sent a request
that this server could not understand.".
- Error message in mod_jserv.log: "(ERROR) ajp11: Servlet Error:
Malformed data sent to JServ"
- Error message in jserv.log: "AJP Protocol Error: java.io.Exception:
- I'm running JVM version 1.1.3 (output of java -version).
- During the JServ installation, I had to correct three compiler errors
in the JServ source code. Just simple things like void functions
returning non-void values and casts as lvalues. (Anyone else have to do
- The log file mod_jserv.log shows that the wrapper CLASSPATH includes
both ApacheJServ.jar and jskd.jar. Seems like that should be enough.
- The log file mod_jserv.log also shows that the JVM was spawned:
"wrapper: Java VM spawned (PID=679, PPID=673)".
- I'm loading JServ as a shared object, and my Apache installation is
1.3.9, obtained as a precompiled binary from the Apache web site.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
PTC Open Systems Services