SSLMutex lockfile problems

Post by o » Fri, 11 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I just installed a fresh new Mandrake 7.02 Linux which has Apache 1.3.9.

With the base install, I get the following error message and the Apache
processes Zombie.
I can't figure out what the SSL wants. I checked the permissions and
userid on the lockfile
and don't see anything amiss.
Any help would be appreciated.

System: Permission denied (errno: 13)
mod_ssl: Child could not open SSLMutex lockfile
/etc/httpd/logs/ssl_mutex.13904

1. Apache: Refuses to send response (SSLMutex Lockfile error)

I am running Apache 1.3.9 under Mandrake 7.0
I can start httpd fine, but all connections to the system hold at
"Server contacted, waiting for reply".

A cursory inspection of the error_log file shows that:

/etc/httpd/logs/ssl_mutex.10060 (System error follows)
[Sat Jun   3 21:44:39 2000] [error] System: Permission denied (errno:
13)
[Sat Jun   3 21:44:39 2000] [error] mod_ssl: Child could not open
SSLMutex lockfile

Repeat the above ad infinitum while httpd is running.  The specific
ssl_mutex file changes its number with each sucessive attempt
to start httpd. The problem is permissions and SSL as I can see, however
I do not know how to fix it.

2. 2.4.18.3, ide-patch, read_dev_sector hangs in read_cache_page

3. apache is down need help SSLMutex error

4. AIX Newbie With Serially Connected Printer Problems

5. Minicom lockfile problem...

6. sup for solaris?

7. NFS and LockFile

8. ***Network Networking Programmers Developers UNIX Pro's***

9. shellscript lockfiles

10. SIGIOP and lockfiles

11. Pppd does not Create Lockfile

12. Weird: can't use ext2fs for lockfiles for nethack and crossfire

13. lockfile not created by pppd 2.2?