User configuration of the way server displays a directory index

User configuration of the way server displays a directory index

Post by Larry W. Vird » Sat, 30 Mar 1996 04:00:00

I am building some pages on a server which indicates that it is an
NCSA version 1.4.1 server.  It is my understanding that there is some
sort of mechanism, called an htaccess file, which a user could place in
his or her directory to assist the server in generating an HTML page
for a directory.

I have searched thru the NCSA WWW site for their server, but I am unable
to determine what such a file would contain.  Several examples are shown,
all of which appear to me to be exactly what I want - but all that is
said in that portion of the doc is 'Here are some examples' - without
showing what file caused the behavior.

Can anyone provide me with details as to what such a file should contain?
Thanks!
--

:s <URL:http://www.teraform.com/%7Elvirden/> <*> O-
:s Unless explicitly stated to the contrary, nothing in this posting should

1. Cern Server cgi user directory configuration

Hi y'all--

I'd like to allow each user a per-user CGI directory.

"UserDir", in httpd.conf, allows each user to have an HTML
area, but how do you also grant a per user CGI area, eg:
        "~/public_html/cgi-bin".

so that users can run cgi scripts in their own directories.

Any help greatly appreciated.

                                                doug blaisdell

2. ISDN dial on demand

3. How can I display a standard message with Directory Indexes

4. Cannot use DIP as user.

5. Display Directory in Apache with index.html?

6. UK - PERL programmers needed

7. listing a directory with an index.html (even with DirectoryIndex index.html)

8. PPP setup Problems - cannot see login prompt

9. Auto-indexing problem in Apache user directories.

10. Newbie question about directory index under Apache web server

11. Basic IHS question...displaying htm in user directory.

12. WU-FTPD user configurations for / directory

13. virtual host configuration with user directories