Apache+Tomcat+JBoss Error (No Context configured to process this request)

Apache+Tomcat+JBoss Error (No Context configured to process this request)

Post by Manoj G. Kitha » Wed, 18 Sep 2002 06:26:14

Hi Experts,

Can anyone provide me with the Simple HellowWorld JSP/Servlet?
I want to TEST is my servers are working fine. I am using Apache
1.3.26, Tomcat 4.0.4, JBoss 3.0.3

Also, can anyone list the "Directory structure" of placing Class
files, JSP files, Servlet files, WAR/EAR/JAR files?

In "httpd.conf" I have following for Apache to know about Tomcat:
LoadModule jk_module  libexec/mod_jk.so
JkWorkersFile /usr/local/apache1326/conf/workers.properties
JKMount /examples/servlet/* ajp13
JKMount /examples/*.jsp ajp13
JKMount /uno/* ajp13

In "workers.properties" I have following:
workers.tomcat_home=/jboss/catalina
workers.java_home=/usr/java130
ps=/
worker.list=ajp12, ajp13, ajp14
worker.ajp13.port=8009
worker.ajp13.host=100.100.100.111
worker.ajp13.type=ajp13

I have a simple JSP file "uno.jsp" as follows:

<HTML>
<BODY>
<% Date d = new Date();
String myDate = DateFormat.getDateInstance().format(d);%>
Greetings from Manoj <EM> <%= myDate %> </EM>
</BODY>
</HTML>
I created the WAR/EAR file (uno.ear; uno.war) and put those in
/jboss/server/default/deploy directory.

I then start my JBoss (Tomcat)first and then Apache and then point my
URL to http://IPADDRESS:8080/uno/uno.jsp on which I get following
Error:
Apache Tomcat/4.0.3 - HTTP Status 500 - No Context configured to
process this request

Do I have to follow the same procedure for Servlets?

Does anyone of your Experts know what this Error is about and how to
tackle that.

THANKS!

Manoj G. Kithany

1. Differences Apache - Tomcat - JBoss

I have read some postings and tutorial about the different server tools
Apache, Tomcat and JBoss, but I am still confused about the differences of them.

E.g. about Tomcat it is said that it is more "stable" than Apache.
What means "stable"? Stable for static pages or stable as a basic system ?

Is Tomcat capable of providing static web pages or do I need explicitely Apache
for the static pages?

Does JBoss comprise the features of Apache + Tomcat ?
In other words could one say:

Apache = HTML + SSI + SSL
Tomcat =  "   +  "  +  "  + Servlets + JSP
JBoss  =  "   +  "  +  "  +    "     +  "  + EJBs + WebServices

A matrix with a feature comparison would not be bad. Does someone know
such a table comparison ?

cu
Wolfgang

2. Fw: Ctrl-Z

3. Simple WAR file for Apache + JBoss + Tomcat

4. Shared Library - DLL Unix Equivalent?

5. Configuring Apache Jserv to recognise XML as correct context type of text/xml

6. corrupted superblock

7. Apache+Tomcat needed or Just Tomcat

8. ha 1.3 automation

9. *ERROR* Process 2421 using kernel context 0

10. Configuring Tomcat and apache

11. Trying to configure Apache-Tomcat with mod_webapp

12. Trying to configure Apache/Tomcat Connection with mod_webapp

13. configure Apache 2.0.40 to work with Jakarta-Tomcat-4.x (mod_jk)