RH 6.1 -- plz help with errors in starting httpd (Apache)

Post by Joshua Sliv » Wed, 24 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> I am getting the following errors in my /etc/httpd/logs/error_log file when
> starting the httpd service:
> getpeername: Socket operation on non-socket
> getsockname: Socket operation on non-socket
> Error getting local address
> ... However, everything seems to work with Apache.. I can access pages fine.  I
> would like to resolve any problems it may think it has, however. Apache is set
> to run using inetd .. I added the appropriate line as per the Apache docs in
> /etc/inetd.conf ..

I highly recommend that you change ServerType to Standalone and forget
about inetd.  You will get much better performance and reliability.

--
Joshua Slive

http://finance.commerce.ubc.ca/~slive/

1. self-compiled httpd does not start (suse 6.1 / apache 1.3.x))

Hi!

Is out there somebody with the same problem?

I have a SuSe 6.1 / 2.2.12. The precompiled apache runs well,
but when i downloaded and installed a 1.3.9 it just refused service
without any notice (ie no segfault or whatever) - it just hangs.
http -v (or -l) works fine, anyway.

ps says the httpd process runs, netstat says port 80 is NOT in use
and i cannot connect to my machine.

Tried even a 136 and the IBM https (based on 136/137) with the same
result.

The updated apache package from suse runs fine, but its not what I need :)

thx 4 any info in advance!!!

jevv

                    http://www.searchlinux.com

2. XBF_I740 server fails under Red Hat 5.2

3. Can't start Apache on RH 6.1

4. FreeBSD and Terayon Cable Modem

5. problems with starting X window on RH 6.1,description of error

6. Where to find data dump (dd) and tar tips and tricks

7. Error starting Apache on Redhat 6.1

8. Synching Zaurus With Linux Desktop.

9. [: too many arguments error in RH 6.1, please help

10. Help! - Connect error under RH 6.1

11. plz plz plz help.

12. RH 6.1 Install - Startx Doesn't (start)

13. Starting X-Windows via Background Process - RH 6.1