Apache DSO is broken on FreeBSD 3.0

Post by Steve Vertig » Fri, 19 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Evidently the words "supported out-of-the-box" mean something different to
the folk at apache than they do to me because it's 2:30 am and Apache is
looking anything but.  It keeps dying with the message

Invalid command 'LoadModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration

My OS is FreeBSD 3.0-RELEASE and I'm installing apache.1.3.4.  I experienced
similiar problems with 1.3.3 and eventually gave up on using DSO, and things
worked ok otherwise.  I'm using the APACI configuration like this

SSL_BASE=../openssl-0.9.1c \
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache \
--enable-rule=SHARED_CORE \
--activate-module=src/modules/php3/libphp3.a \
--enable-shared=php3 \
--enable-module=ssl \
--enable-shared=ssl \
--enable-module=most \
--enable-shared=max

Does anyone see anything wrong with this?  ALl of the above lines are
cut'n'paste from various INSTALL and README files.

Thanks for any help...

--Steve

Post by Tony Finc » Fri, 19 Feb 1999 04:00:00

>Evidently the words "supported out-of-the-box" mean something different to
>the folk at apache than they do to me because it's 2:30 am and Apache is
>looking anything but.  It keeps dying with the message

>Invalid command 'LoadModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
>included in the server configuration

>My OS is FreeBSD 3.0-RELEASE and I'm installing apache.1.3.4.  I experienced
>similiar problems with 1.3.3 and eventually gave up on using DSO, and things
>worked ok otherwise.

Have you tried using the FreeBSD port?

Tony.
--

Post by Steve Vertig » Sat, 20 Feb 1999 04:00:00

>>My OS is FreeBSD 3.0-RELEASE and I'm installing apache.1.3.4.  I experienced
>>similiar problems with 1.3.3 and eventually gave up on using DSO, and things
>>worked ok otherwise.

>Have you tried using the FreeBSD port?

Well I had a squiz but the latest I can find is 1.3.2.  And even then I
can't find one with PHP *and* ssl in the one distribution.  I take it as you
(or anyone else) didn't mention my APACI invocation there was nothing
glaring wrong in there?  If so I guess I'll start looking at other solutions
rather than flog a dead horse.

Thanks,
--Steve