This is to announce the release of a new version of analog, 1.9beta, which is
a beta test for version 2.0.
Since analog was first released under eight months ago, it has quickly
established itself as one of the most flexible, and certainly fastest, log
analysers available. This new release makes dozens of new options available
as well as enhancing the program in other ways. It is still easy to install
and run, and produces genuine HTML output. Oh yes, and it's free.
Here are the main changes:
* Six new reports (hourly report, browser report, browser summary, referer
report, status code report and error report) bringing the total to six*.
* Analysis of NCSA/Apache referer log, agent log and combined log formats.
* Graphical time reports (instead of ASCII art) but that still work on text-
* Can cache old data so that old logfiles can be thrown away.
* Can combine logfiles from several different hosts.
There are lots more changes for flexibility and ease of use which will mainly
be of interest to existing users. They are detailed in the documentation.
Further details, examples of the output, and source code can be found at
<URL:http://www.veryComputer.com/~sret1/analog/>. Bug reports and feature
Stephen R. E. Turner
Stochastic Networks Group, Statistical Laboratory, University of Cambridge