Apache: Don't want HTTP headers, how?

Post by Scott J. Ellentuc » Fri, 16 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

To set the "mood" for a second :

1) Every page except my index.html is in a subdirectory called "pages"
2) There is an .htaccess file in the "pages" directory that only allows
the web server host to retrieve pages
3) index.html calls "cgi-bin/a.pl/pages/index.html"

What I do in "a.pl" isn't too important.  What I want to do is then
have the server turn around, make a tcp/ip connection to itself, then
request "GET /pages/index.html HTTP/1.0" and return it to the browser
INTACT.  What is standing in my way is that Apache seems to put in the
HTTP headers NO MATTER WHAT!  Since its a type it doesn't understand, it
seems to be putting in "Content-Type: text/plain".  No matter what I do
the text comes back as plain text.  What I really want is to just pass
the headers over VERBATIM, and not put any headers before it.

On CERN, there was a .ng or something that would do this.  I tried
setting a type of "send-as-is" and that still did it.  Any clues?
Please CC me as this list is unreliable from where I read it.

Thanks, Scott

1. How to add a http header using .htaccess for apache http server under windows environment

Hi,
I tried to add http header using the .htaccess file, but I got the following
error message:
Invalid command 'Header', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration
I used Header directive in my .htaccess file, anyone can tell me what's the
reason?
The .htaccess file I am using:
<Files "t.txt">
Header set Author "John P. Doe"
</Files>
Thanks!

2. secure telnet?

3. Apache 1.2/HTTP 1.1/VirtualHosts -- don't work for me

4. Ghostscript Problems

5. Apache don't the HEADER file and README file...

6. Problems with Linux/UltraSPARC

7. Sending 'Authorization:' HTTP header

8. ejecting optical disks

9. apache http proxy - http/1.0 vs http/1.1

10. Howto rewrite HTTP response headers with Apache?

11. Apache proxy and HTTP header

12. Apache HTTP FULL header dump IN and OUT -- HOW?

13. HTTP v1.1 Cache-Control headers in Apache v1.3.1 ......