Oracle WRB + Netscape Enterprise server with chroot

Oracle WRB + Netscape Enterprise server with chroot

Post by Thor-Ivar Skofsru » Wed, 18 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hello!

I am trying to set up the Oracle Web Request Broker v. 3.0 to use
the Netscape Enterprise v. 2.01 listener. This is quite easy using
the Oracle Admin Server. The problem arises when we try to do a
chroot on the Netscape server.

The WRB is installed under /local/oracle/.../ows/3.0
and the Netscape server is installed under /local/www/netscape.
The Netscape server does a chroot to /local/www/.../Nex_xxx.
I have registerd and configured the Netscape listener in the
Oracle Admin Server.

When I try to start the Netscape listener with the following command:
        #owsctl start test

I get the following output:
Netscape Communications Corporation
Netscape-Enterprise/2.01
[17/Jun/1997:15:15:43] info: ndwfnain_init reports: Adapter services initialized successfully
startup: listening to port 83 as www

Everything look fine, but the listener shuts down after one or two
seconds. There are no messages in the logs.

If anyone has done this before, I would really like to hear from you.

Another short question:
Is it possible to use chroot with the Oracle Web listener?
If that is possible, we probably wouldnt have to use Netscape Enterprise.

Thanks for all help.

Thor-Ivar Skofsrud
Telenor Nextel AS