Apache 1.3.6 - wrong htdocs/index.html

Post by Annette Strupp-Adam » Fri, 13 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I have configured Apache 1.3.6, Apache-JServ-1.0b3, and

JSDK2.0, but not yet added my own home page to httpd.conf.

The http daemon runs on Port 80 and I start the server as

root.  When I start the Netscape browser to go to my

Website on Port 80, it only displays the one that it should

if I write the URL as follows:

http://<my.url>:80

If I leave the :80 off, as I should be able to, the htdocs/

index.html of an older version of the apache web server

appears.

Can anyone give me a hint on where to look ?  My new

httpd.conf looks fine.

Thank you very much.

Annette

--
Annette Strupp-Adams
Senior Systems Analyst

National Library of Medicine

Post by Joshua Sliv » Fri, 13 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> If I leave the :80 off, as I should be able to, the htdocs/
> index.html of an older version of the apache web server
> appears.
> Can anyone give me a hint on where to look ?  My new
> httpd.conf looks fine.

One guess: have you cleared your browser cache?

--
Joshua Slive

http://finance.commerce.ubc.ca/~slive/