Apache ScriptAlias

Post by Corey A. Johnso » Sat, 28 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hello All,

Does anyone know if it is possible to have to different ScriptAlias
directives inside a Virtual Host config?  I have two ScriptAlias
specifiied in the below Virtual  Host config:

<VirtualHost 12.24.138.177:443>
 SSLEnable
 Port 443
 DocumentRoot /www/site1
 Alias /site2 /www/site2
 ServerName site1.cniweb.net
 ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /www/site1/cgi-bin/
 ScriptAlias /site2/cgi-bin/ /www/site2/cgi-bin/
 ErrorLog /www/site1/logs/sec_error.log
 TransferLog /www/site1/logs/sec_access.log
 Options +Includes
</VirtualHost>

The first ScriptAlias works, but the second (site2) does not.  It just
displays the the cgi script as ASCII text in the browser...

Any input or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cj
--
Corey A. Johnson
Director of Technology

Apache ScriptAlias

Post by Corey A. Johnso » Sat, 28 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hello All,

Does anyone know if it is possible to have to different ScriptAlias
directives inside a Virtual Host config?  I have two ScriptAlias
specifiied in the below Virtual  Host config:

<VirtualHost 12.50.43.117:443>
[...]

Post by Steven Cardina » Wed, 01 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Well.... I do have 2 ScriptAlias directives in my virtual server, and they
are working correctly - so it can be done.  Do you have a <Directory>
section for each?  Do the scripts in each directory have the same
extensions? Or do you need to modify the AddHandler for cgi?

Cheers
-Steve

>Hello All,

>Does anyone know if it is possible to have to different ScriptAlias
>directives inside a Virtual Host config?  I have two ScriptAlias
>specifiied in the below Virtual  Host config:

><VirtualHost 12.50.43.117:443>
> SSLEnable
> Port 443
> DocumentRoot /www/site1
> Alias /site2 /www/site2
> ServerName site1.cniweb.net
> ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /www/site1/cgi-bin/
> ScriptAlias /site2/cgi-bin/ /www/site2/cgi-bin/
> ErrorLog /www/site1/logs/sec_error.log
> TransferLog /www/site1/logs/sec_access.log
> Options +Includes
></VirtualHost>

>The first ScriptAlias works, but the second (site2) does not.  It just
>displays the the cgi script as ASCII text in the browser...

>Any input or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

>Thanks in advance.

>Cj
>--
>Corey A. Johnson
>Director of Technology
>Creative Network Innovations
>http://www.cniweb.net/
>1-800-CNi-5547 ** 1-407-259-1984

1. Apache ScriptAlias to root - more information.

After further testing, I have discovered that

ScriptAlias /foo        /script/path/and/name.pl

...does what I want it to do (redirects anything for /foo,
/foo/more/stuff, etc... to name.pl).

However,

ScriptAlias /foo/       /script/path/and/name.pl

...doesn't work like that.

Given those constraints, how do I get

ScriptAlias /           /script/path/and/name.pl

...to work the way the that "/foo" does?

Thanks!

eric

"To bite off your shadow is neither easy nor painless.     |

 It demands a single-mindedness that is almost unknown  | Linux IPv6
FAQ/HOWTO
 in this day."                     -Brief Lives            | www.terra.net/ipv6/

2. newdie: compiling shared libs

3. Apache: ScriptAlias and Non-IP VirtualHost

4. IP MASQing not working with RH 7.2

5. Apache ScriptAlias: /cgi-bin <searchlist>

6. eth0, reentering interrupt handler?

7. Apache - ScriptAlias for cgi.

8. Efficiently reading a file question

9. Mapping CERN Exec directives to Apache ScriptAlias; CERN Redirect to RewriteRule

10. Apache ScriptAlias question

11. Apache ScriptAlias

12. Apache - tricky scriptalias + pathinfo + authentication problem

13. Apache 1.3.3 CGI ScriptAlias for ~