403 Forbiddens on public_html and .cgi

Post by Rob Goodwi » Wed, 23 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi there,

I'm using apache 1.3.3 with the newest mod_perl and mod_php modules
compiled
into it.

I'm having real problems getting my Apache to see anything outside of my
defined aliases it seems.  specificaly user public_html directories.

I've set up a public_html in my home directory.   everything i can think
of
is world readable.  my srm.conf says

UserDir public_html

the directory in /home/rob is also called public_html and is also world
readable as is the index.html file in it.  I just don't get it...  can
someone point me at other things that might cause this problem?

Also i am trying to allow any file with the .cgi extension to be
executed..
I have put a:
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
in my srm.conf....  i also have a few scriptaliases set...  this isn't a
problem is it?
anyway in the same directory that i can see an html file i put a .cgi
file
and again i get a Forbidden just on that file.

any help would be much appreciated...  please email me as well if you
post a
response here as i am just heading out of town till tuesday and don't
want
to miss your response...

thanks,

rob

1. 403 Forbiddens on public_html and .cgi

[...]

2. NCSA security?

3. 403 forbidden error and public_html

4. linux and logitech wheel mouse (ps/2) working OK now - no problem

5. Forbidden 403 access to users public_html directory

6. Mobile Disk Rack

7. H: Debian 2.0r3 LINUX: Apache: CGI scripts: 403 - access forbidden

8. Help Wanted: Iomega Zip Setup

9. Rewrite and cgi-bin and 403 forbidden

10. CGI Configuration and the FORBIDDEN Error (403)

11. UserDir public_html. error 403 Permission denied

12. 403 Forbidden you don't have access to / on this server.....

13. 403 forbidden error with apache when symlinking to different partition