Dynamically setting environment variables on apache startup?

Dynamically setting environment variables on apache startup?

Post by Mike Mulvan » Fri, 31 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I would like to set a bunch of environment variables inside apache for
use in cgi scripts.  I am using apache 1.3.12 with mod_perl.

I don't want to hard code all the variables with SetEnv or PassEnv
inside the conf file.  Is there a way to tell apache to pass along all
of the environment variables that are set when the startup script
runs?  Or is there a way to set them dynamically according to what is
set when apache is started up?

Thanks,

Dynamically setting environment variables on apache startup?

Post by rdos.. » Sat, 01 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Anybody have any thoughts comparing the ATG's Dynamo application server
to Apache JServ?
Thanks
Ralph Dosser

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. how to set a environment variable and make it available in xwindow after startup

I add the following

CLASSPATH=/usr/share/pgsql/
export CLASSPATH
echo $CLASSPATH

to end of /etc/rc.d/rc.local and ~/.bashrc

and reboot
but when I get the xwindow (that means I set the default run level at 5)
and input the command

echo $CLASSPATH
but result is null

but if I use alt+ctr+F1 and get into console mode ,the $CLASSPATH is right.

then how to make the $CLASSPATH available in xwindow?

2. IP-less Bridge + Nat problems

3. Displaying environment variables dynamically in a Korn Shell Script

4. TNT Xserver

5. setting CGI environment variables badly (apache 1.3)

6. Me no speaky this lingo - now what?

7. Setting up environment variables for CGI scripts run under apache

8. satan & mosaic

9. Environment variables at session startup

10. environment variables at startup (init.d scripts, tomcat)?

11. Setting variables in a variable array of null variables

12. Setting environment variables (netscape enterprise server/aix)