truncated filenames in directory listing

truncated filenames in directory listing

Post by Guy Girarde » Wed, 18 Sep 2002 02:02:12

I have MP3's that I list on my site, but some of the really long ones
are truncated and the "music" symbol is omitted.  Is there a setting
where this can be fixed?

Tewkster

truncated filenames in directory listing

Post by johannes m.r » Wed, 18 Sep 2002 05:04:47

Quote:>I have MP3's that I list on my site, but some of the really long ones
>are truncated

IndexOptions NameWidth=*

Quote:>and the "music" symbol is omitted.  Is there a setting
>where this can be fixed?

uhm. by default you should see a symbol.. but look at the
AddIconByType directive and your mime.types file..
HTH
j.

1. Help - what's with "cpio: filename: truncating inode number"?

I am running RH5.2 and using GNU cpio version 2.4.2. When backing up files,
I get messages like:

cpio: filename: truncating inode number

Other than all these messages, the backup seems to complete O.K., and I am
able to list back the tape contents, but I don't like the sound of the
messages.

Can anyone explain to me what this means?

Thanks,
Richard Koett.

receive it much faster.

3. Truncated RPM filenames

4. HELP!!! RS6000 & HPLaserjet 8100

5. Filenames are truncated when I mount a PC burnt CD-ROM on my Solaris 8 box.

6. Onboard Sound

7. long filenames truncated with cdrom

8. make and execute with the same command?

9. Truncated filenames

10. FTP: Truncated Filenames Problem Redux

11. List of plug-ins for linux/netscape please!

12. How to automatically list the current content directory while enters into a directory

13. how to list ONLY DIRECTORIES in a directory...