1. package directive in servlet on netscape enterprise server 4.0
We're converting from using apache to netscape enterprise 4.0 and
we're trying to configure the server to run servlets that use the
The servlet is called Menu, and has worked correctly under apache.
All the *.java files in the package include the line 'package a.b;'.
The *.class files of the package are in /opt/software/www/servlet/a/b/
This directory has been added as a servlet directory, as have
/opt/software/www/servlet/ and /opt/software/www/servlet/a.
When we try to access the servlet, we use this URL:
http://mywebserver.mydomain.com/servlet/a.b.Menu but the
server can not locate the file (no directory translation appears
to be occuring) and complains with this error:
[04/Jan/2000:09:19:51] warning ( 7856): requested file not found
If we try to access it as
http://mywebserver.mydomain.com/servlet/a/b/Menu, it fails with this
[06/Jan/2000:07:26:20] info ( 8373): Internal Info: loading servlet
[06/Jan/2000:07:26:20] warning ( 8373): Unable to locate class: Menu
NoClassDefFoundError: Menu (wrong name: a/b/Menu))
[06/Jan/2000:07:26:20] warning ( 8373): Internal error: Failed to load
The servlet was compiled with the 'package' directive. When we put
a servlet that does not use 'package' directive in one of those
and access it, it works fine. But we need to use the 'package'
I looked at
but it does not seem to help, as all these things are being done.
I want to be able to access the stuff as above, without having to
each servlet in this directory (there are tons!) and every other
servlet subdirectory. We've too many groups and servlets to do this.
What are the steps needed to make this work?
If I can not do this, when will NE 4.1 come out and what other servlet
engines can I configure to run with NE 4.0?
2. What PC should i buy to put linux?
3. Trouble with CERN DefProt directive/per-file protection
4. Notion of eternity
5. converting users from Cern to Netscape Enterprise server
6. Can't execute w/o full path
7. CERN 'Protection' in httpd.conf: question
8. handling SIGCHLD correctly and reusing broadcast sockets
9. Mapping CERN Exec directives to Apache ScriptAlias; CERN Redirect to RewriteRule
10. conversion from CERN to Netscape Enterprise 3.0
11. CERN ftp server can't open PASV for CERN httpd 3.0
12. CERN/Spry server password protection.
13. Is Netscape's Enterprise server just BAD?