Apache server Gifs Slow

Post by Userna » Fri, 09 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Hi, We are running apache WWW server and we are having the following problem.

Larger GIF files have a lower kbytes/second transfer rate than smaller
gifs. Does anyone has an idea why this happens ?

1. downloading *.GIF images from an apache 1.3.0 server on Sun Solaris 2.5.1

I have recently installed apache server 1.3.0 on a Sun Solaris 2.5.1
machine.  When downloading a *.GIF file from the apache server using IE 4,
on Win 95 machine, the browser automatically launches paint and displays the
image in the paint application instead of displaying the image in IE 4.  I
have tried the same type of download on a different server running an older
version of apache and the download results in displaying the image in IE 4.

Can anyone tell me where I messed up???

Thanks in advance

2. The bane of my FreeBSD existance

3. "gd" gif library doesn't like the Apache server (or vice-versa)

4. Compaq LTE 5300

5. fist access to apache web server slow

6. OpenLDAP and MySQL

7. TCP Slow/NO start and Apache 1.2.4 Web server

8. Linux PC as a router.

9. Slow access to virtual servers using Apache 1.0 and vif.c

10. Apache: slow proxy server

11. Is Apache Proxy server slow?

12. slow access to Apache server

13. Slow apache server