SGI IRIX 5.3 + Excite 1.1p1

Post by Max Ahsto » Sun, 15 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I need to hear from somebody that succesfully installed E* 1.1p1
under IRIX 5.3 OR somebody that ran into problems and core dumping while
indexing. Also, if sombody installed E* 1.1p1 succesfully under any
other version of IRIX.

Please mail me.

Thanks..

1. Excite Search Engine 1.1 on irix 5.3

I would appreciate help or pointers to help.

Installed 1.1 just fine. When I run the index, I get:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
www 50# ./aindex.pl WebData
Bad system call - core dumped

No such file or directory
Error encountered.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The help files say to check permissions and ownership. No help on that one.

Is there an easy way to identify the "Bad system call" that happened? I have
the core file, but I'm not familiar with the tools to resolve this.

thanks,
Dave

[Remove the Z's from my e-mail address to reply]

2. just testing please ignore

3. Apache 1.1 on SGI IRIX 5.3

4. add software failed

5. Sending printer control codes via lpr on SGI Irix 5.3

6. man and MANPATH

7. Public Domain NIS/NFS that works with SGI's IRIX 5.3

8. Rewrite file changing a single word

9. tcsh on SGI irix 5.3 won't ^Z

10. Apache binary for SGI Irix 5.3

11. compiled appache for sgi irix 5.3

12. I need a good C++ compiler for SGI/IRIX 5.3

13. SGI/IRIX 5.3 arp storms: