POST & Apache/1.2.5.

Post by Pieter Liefoogh » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

I'm exeriencing very strange behaviors of my perl CGI script (using
CGI.pm) on my SUN running Solaris 2.6 and Apache/1.2.5.

When I use POST as form submission method I get that the cgi script is
invoked but that most of the time the data is not "transfered" to the
CGI script. (I'm NOT using the embeded perl interpreter!)

When I use a GET method everything works fine. The only problem that I
have with this method is that when the input data is large I loose some
fields (There seems to be a limit on the amount of data that can be
"send" using GET...BTW is this a browser limit or an Apache limit?).. So
I probably need to use POST.

Has anyone of you experienced such a problem?... and knows the solution!
;-)

Thanks,

Pieter
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pieter Liefooghe

http://infoweb.vub.ac.be/~pliefoog

Quote of the day:

Any program that runs right is obsolete.

POST & Apache/1.2.5.

Post by Chris Costel » Thu, 04 Mar 1999 04:00:00

>Has anyone of you experienced such a problem?... and knows the solution!
>;-)

   Upgrade Apache and upgrade Perl.

-Chris