how to password-protect a single page/file

how to password-protect a single page/file

Post by Santiago Alvarez Roj » Thu, 24 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I know how to password-protect a directory by means of .htaccess files,
but, is it possible to do the same with single pages?

Thanks.
Santiago
     Santiago Alvarez Rojo

        http://www.gambito.com/santiago
                     PGP-key: http://gambito.com/santiago/pgp.txt

how to password-protect a single page/file

Post by Marc Slemk » Thu, 24 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I know how to password-protect a directory by means of .htaccess files,
>but, is it possible to do the same with single pages?

Well, that would depend on the server you are using.

With recent versions of Apache, the "File" directive should
do the trick.