Symbolic Links Outside the Document Tree

Symbolic Links Outside the Document Tree

Post by Mark Hunnibel » Fri, 25 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Hi:

I am trying to wade through the details on how to create a
symbolic directory link inside the NSCA httpd docs tree that
links to a directory outside the httpd docs tree.  Obviously
I don't want people wandering around willy-nilly on my system
so I need to know how to make a link to a directory that
will only go there and no further (i.e. none of this stuff:

http://www.test.net/links/samples/../private

How can I protect myself here? I've got a pretty good book
but it doesn't dive into this much.  I'd like to get some
specific instructions and example, if possible. Or if there is
a FAQ page or help page I can read... I can do that too :-)

Thanks

Mark Hunnibell