NS Enterprise Server 2.01 to 3.01 upgrade question

NS Enterprise Server 2.01 to 3.01 upgrade question

Post by Doug Geist » Wed, 15 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I'm about it install the v3.01 of the Enterprise server. We currently
have the 2.01 version running. Since I've made a number of write
permision changes to the directory structure for the users, how do I go
about moving those changes over to the new server? Are there specific
files that need to be copied over?

Thanks
doug

NS Enterprise Server 2.01 to 3.01 upgrade question

Post by James Scheinblu » Thu, 16 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Filesystem permissions will be inchanged, just make sure netscape starts as
the same user/group so you don't hit a file permssions problem.

The upgrade from 2.01 -> 3.0 is pretty smooth.  You only update your
ns-home directory, not the htdocs/cgi-bin directories.  The only bump I hit
was managing users and groups.  Since I didn't have a netscape directory
server, it kept a local LDAP database, which took me a very long time to
understand outside of the GUI.

So far I'm happy with NS3.

-jamie

Quote:> I'm about it install the v3.01 of the Enterprise server. We currently
> have the 2.01 version running. Since I've made a number of write
> permision changes to the directory structure for the users, how do I go
> about moving those changes over to the new server? Are there specific
> files that need to be copied over?

> Thanks
> doug

1. NS Enterprise 2.01 > 3.01 server migration

I'm attempting to migrate my 2.01 setting and such to 3.01. If I select
Migrate from Previous Version, I put in my server directory, then it
allows me to select Import 2.x server info. Then after hitting Import, a
messages states:

Can't create /www/server/server301/https-neptune: File exists

I mean, of course the file exists since that's the server name. But why
won't it update it or whatever it needs to do to it?

A little background: My 2.01 server is installed on a filesystem
/www/server. When I installed the new server, I installed it into
/www/server/server301 to keep them seperate. I would like to keep both
servers running and put all the 2.01 directories into
/www/server/server201 (yet another questions of how to properly
accomplish this).

--

3M Health Information Systems
Wallingford, CT. USA

2. nic problem

3. NS Enterprise upgrade 3.01 > 3.5.1

4. Normal level of iowait for a database server

5. NS Enterprise 3.01 question

6. Determine telnet clients ip address

7. NS Enterprise 2.01 running too many processes

8. Remote Login from Sunray

9. NS Enterprise 2.01 symlinks?

10. NS enterprise 3.01 to 3.51

11. NS enterprise 3.01: nsconfig not working

12. NS Enterprise 3.01 PUT error

13. NS Enterprise 3.01 file permissions