UserDir Directive

Post by Gregory J Sak » Fri, 19 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Subject: UserDir Directive
Newsgroups: comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix
I posted this question earlier with a totally erroneous topic.  My
apologies.

I'm attempting to enable access to user directories so that
http://www.oursite.net/~bob/ will open /home/bob/public_html/index.html.
Right now, apache is logging an error "access to /home/bob/public_html
denied by rule."

Apparently, there is something else needed to make this work--perhaps a
</Directory> block in srm.conf?  Any suggestions and info. greatly
appreaciated.
--
----------------------------------
Gregory J. Sakal

UserDir Directive

Post by Christopher Schul » Fri, 19 Feb 1999 04:00:00

>I posted this question earlier with a totally erroneous topic.  My
>apologies.

Greg, I replied to it!  Look above a few messages.

Good luck,

--
Christopher Schulte

Replace usenet with chris to send mail.

will *never* get to me. I hate spam!

1. UserDir Directive Question

Hi all!!!

I am trying to setup an apache1.1.3 server which
doesnt make use of the /etc/passwd file for
~username/public_html.  The home directories of
users (ex. /home/u/username) do not have the public_html
dir...instead they're on a different location, let's say
/htdocs/u/username/public_html

The web server has
        document root === /htdocs

and I try to setup userdir as
       UserDir /htdocs/*/*/public_html

which doesn't work because the asterisk (*)
only replaces the username...what I really
want/need is something like
      Userdir /htdocs/[a-z]/*/public_html

Does anyone have an idea as to how I can do this?
What about non-UserDir solutions?
Also, linking the /home/u/username/public_html to the
/htdocs/u/username/public_html is not an option...

TIA

8-)
ray

2. machine info

3. Apache Problems with the UserDir Directive

4. capturing ftp messages in a script

5. Apache UserDir directive

6. What are these ports for?

7. Userdir Directive Help (Repost)

8. Yggdrasil's Fall94 CD-ROM dosload MSCDEX trouble

9. How to use UserDir directive in CERN WWW Server

10. UserDir directive in apache

11. suexec with userdir directive, possible?

12. USERDIR directive question

13. Suexec and UserDir Directive