Action directive buggy?

Post by Internet En Direc » Mon, 29 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hello there..

I'm trying to use the Action config. directive to remove the
ExecCGI thing which is unsecure. So i put in /whatever the following:
.htaccess
Action text/html /cgi-bin/script_working_fine

Guess what? the html file just loads as usual.. I read somewhere else
in the news that it mite be a problem with mod_action.c and patched it,
but the result is still the same.
The server used is Apache 1.1.1 on a Linux >2.0 box,
thanks for helping!

        ~ Martin - Admin. Internet en Direct ~

1. Disable/undo directives in deeper config scopes, here: Action directive

Hi all!

I wonder if it is possible to disable/undo any configuration directives in a
deeper configuration scope in general, and regarding the Action directive in
particular.

Example:

  <Location />
      Action text/html /frame.pl
  </Location>

  <Location /subdir>
      # undo Action directive, but how?
  </Location>

In other words: I need to unmap the "text/html"-to-"/frame.pl" mapping, so
requests for .html files within /subdir are not served by the script.

Is this possible, and if yes, how?

TIA,
Julian Mehnle.

2. imake templates for Solaris/Motif?

3. MS Office 2000 is buggy, buggy, buggy

4. More ext3 fileserver woes...

5. Action directive won't run cgi in non ScriptAlias'ed dir?

6. crypt or encrypt?

7. Apache "Action" Directive Question

8. kdm and styles

9. Q: apache Handler/Action vs. Type -directive

10. NSAPI equivalent of the apache 'Action' directive?

11. How can I get rid of Action directive (Apache/Linux)

12. Netscape equivalent of Apache Action directive ?

13. Directive Action in apache 2.0.43?