Apache Jserv - Servlet question

Post by Amarnath Shanbha » Thu, 10 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I am using Apache 1.3.11 and ApacheJserv 1.1. I can find the servername,
serverport inside the servlet by methods such as getServerName(),
getServerPort(). Are there any methods to find out the server admin,
server signature inside a servlet ?

Amarnath

Post by John Riddoc » Thu, 10 Feb 2000 04:00:00

> I am using Apache 1.3.11 and ApacheJserv 1.1. I can find the servername,
> serverport inside the servlet by methods such as getServerName(),
> getServerPort(). Are there any methods to find out the server admin,
> server signature inside a servlet ?

Aren't they normally set as environment variables?  ie, you should be able
to use System.getenv() to extract them. (NB: according to Java 2 docs, getenv
is deprecated; use getProperty instead).

--

http://www.scms.rgu.ac.uk/staff/jr/
First Law of Socio-Genetics:

1. apache jserv - servlet security question

Hello,

Can someone tell me how to restrict some user's access to invoke, say doGet,
on a
servlet. For example, if I dont want to allow user A do perform a doPost on
a servlet,
but do want to allow user B to do the same, how do I do it ?

I have heard that it can be done by configuring realms, but I have no idea
how.

Namit

2. Comments on the Shadow-Passwords suite.

3. Apache Jserv / java servlets under FreeBSD Apache

4. XFree86 4.0 desktop size

5. jserv for apache : JServUtils.java:66: Class javax.servlet.http.Cookie not found in import.

6. Increasing listen() queue length on Linux

7. Apache/Jserv/Servlets/Memory

8. Font antialiasing in terminals

9. Problem with Apache+JServ+Servlets delivering gzipped Files

10. Apache 1.3.3 w/ JServ: Servlet-Error.

11. HELP!? Servlet logs on apache/JServ

12. Apache JServ--Need help starting servlets

13. Apache/JServ 1.0 "cannot scan servlet headers"