Password Protection in JS

Post by Thad Humphri » Tue, 17 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> How to provide password protection from unauthorised users in JavaScript
> coding. if you specify it using input type it can be viewed in URL.

Try inserting your JavaScript with the include directive rather than
directly in your URL.  Example, in my index.html, I have

    <script language="JavaScript1.1" src="/javascript/index.js">
    </script>

I keep my JavaScript directory out of the /httpd/htdocs directory tree and
define it's path in Apache's srm.conf file.

Thad Humphries                   "Who is this that darkens my counsel
Software Engineer (aka, Nerd)     With words without knowledge?"
Phone: 540/675-3015, ext. 225                         - Job 38:1, NIV

1. QUE: Apache: page password protection.

Hello to everyone.

I want to use apache password protection for a single HTML page.
I have found how to do it for a directory but not for a page.
Can you please help me?

I also have another question:
How to create an apache password file from a c/c++ program and not
from the command line?

many thanks in advance,
mihalis

--
----

Software Engineer               INTRASOFT S.A.

2. Dual boot with nt - ntfs and linux

3. CERN/Spry server password protection.

4. About the comp.unix.internals fluster

5. password protection

6. Looking for 1152x??? for S3-928 mode lines

7. directory password protection - .htaccess

8. Availability of Foxbase+ with Y2K fixes...

9. Password protection for specific areas of a site - general info.?

10. Password Protection...

11. Password protection in package database

12. Simple password protection mechanism for KDE data?

13. password protection-help