load balancing web servers

Post by Eugene Le » Fri, 19 May 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions for commerical
Unix-based load balancing web servers?  Any pointers in the right
direction are also appreciated.  Thanks!

--
Eugene Lee

load balancing web servers

Post by redhill_netwo.. » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

Eugene:

Please visit our site to find more information on our WebMux IP Load
Balancer.

http://www.redhillnetworks.com

Our white papers are also available online.

> Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions for commerical
> Unix-based load balancing web servers?  Any pointers in the right
> direction are also appreciated.  Thanks!

> --
> Eugene Lee

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

load balancing web servers

Post by CptLogi » Fri, 26 May 2000 04:00:00

Intel, Cisco and Arrowpoint all have nice solutions to this.
Some nice small intelligent IP Switches that can handle high
traffic.

in order,

http://www.intel.com/
http://www.cisco.com/
http://www.arrowpoint.com/

Regards,

Chris.

load balancing web servers

Post by smarl.. » Fri, 26 May 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions for commerical
> Unix-based load balancing web servers?  Any pointers in the right
> direction are also appreciated.  Thanks!

Apache can load balance with reverse proxy and mod rewrite quite well.

Post by Alex Brow » Sun, 28 May 2000 04:00:00

> Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions for commerical
> Unix-based load balancing web servers?  Any pointers in the right
> direction are also appreciated.  Thanks!

Zeus.

www.zeus.co.uk

Alex.

--
Alex Brown
Webmaster, blueyonder

load balancing web servers

Post by Mark Slick » Tue, 20 Jun 2000 04:00:00

You can not go wrong with the one from Red Hill Networks'
WebMux. US Navy uses it; Lucent Technology uses it; many
banks and online retailers also use it.  Check it out
at http://www.redhillnetworks.com

> > Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions for commerical
> > Unix-based load balancing web servers?  Any pointers in the right
> > direction are also appreciated.  Thanks!

> Zeus.

> www.zeus.co.uk

> Alex.

> --
> Alex Brown
> Webmaster, blueyonder
> www.blueyonder.co.uk

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. HA/load balancing web servers

Hi everyone,

I am trying to find information about how to set up load balancing high
availability web servers. Can somebody please point me in the right
direction?
I am aware of the round-robin DNS method, but it doesn't distribute load
evenly and you cannot control which box gets more/less work. I also read
about reverse-proxy, but it rewrites the URL, so the user sees which
machine they are connected to and the users are tied to a particular
server for the duration of the session. I am wondering if there is a
better way. Something that is completely transparent to the user, and
redirects the connection every time http request is sent.
Also, I heard that you can use a proxy server to cache http data to
speed up the web server. Does anybody know anything about that?

thansk a lot,

Eugene

2. Logfile of running shell script?

3. Load-balancing web server software prevents site crashes!

4. Stupid Question: Newsreader

5. Load Balance Web Servers?????

6. printtool: "couldnt find available devices in find_gs"

7. Load Balancing web servers...

8. Is there a way..

9. Load Balance Web Servers?????

10. Configuring load-balanced web servers

11. Load balancing, high availability web server software

12. web server load balance