Apache proxy & NT authorization

Post by b.. » Sat, 28 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I'm a unix person and really have no knowledge how a Win NT server
works.  I've been asked about using Apache as a proxy server on a Win NT
server.  The question is about proxy authentication on NT, can you do
authentication with an NT Domain? (I'm not sure if this is the correct
verbage)

I would imaging that you would use the normal mod_access routines, but
is there something special about NT?

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. Apache 1.3b6 Proxy: Remote Proxy Authorization

Hi,

I was using Apache 1.2.6 as Proxy pointing to our Proxy at the firewall.
This to avoid configuration problems on about 1000 PCs if the Proxy
Adress changes.
Our "firewall-proxy" does authentication using User-Id and Password ti
give Internet Access to our authorized users. So if the users contacts
www.oracle.com he contacts the local proxy, the local proxy forwards
everything to the firewall-proxy and this asks the authorization and
everything goes back and forth again.
With Apache 1.3b6 this does not work any more. Apache ( the local proxy
) does contact the firewall-proxy, this asks user-id/password, but get's
the response Authorization Failed.
Someone knows what's going on ?

Thanx a lot

Reinhard

2. Semaphores remain

3. Problems trying to restrict access or require authorization for Apache PassProxy proxy server usage

4. Solaris8 ... a admin tool

5. Apache proxy log, how to split to cache & proxy?

6. Upgrade Netscape

7. Cable Modem & NT Server & Proxy Server!

8. Problems with new versions of tcsh

9. Proxy/Ip-masquerade & NT & accounting

10. Apache & SecureID authorization

11. Apache & Authorization

12. Apache with access control vs proxy (Not apache AS proxy)

13. NT NT NT NT NT NT NT MT