PHP3 + Apache 1.3

Post by Ian Wehrma » Sat, 13 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I'm working on compiling PHP3 as a module into the Apache 1.3 sources.
I've used the setup script included with php3, answering mostly
defaults, really only configuring it be compiled as a module, and
pointing it to the apache source.  php compiles cleanly.  In compiling
apache, i've used the old 'make' technique, and not the new APACI
method.  After copying src/Configuration.tmpl to src/Configuration, i
added the following line:

    AddModule modules/php3/libmodphp3.a

however, during apache's compile, it starts working on php:

    ==> modules/php3
    cp libmodphp3.a libphp3.a
    ar r libphp3.a mod_php3.o
    ranlib libphp3.a
    <== modules/php3
    <==modules

and eventually exits with:

    modules.o(.data+0x48): undefined reference to 'modphp3_module'
    modules.o(.data+0x98): undefined reference to 'modphp3_module'
    make: *** [target_static] Error 1

has anyone encountered this before? i've read the documentation included
with php3, but am still a little unclear as to what file i should be
pointing apache to in it's configuration file. gcc is at version
2.7.2.3, and i'm running a Red Hat distribution of linux, kernel version
2.0.34. if i can provide any more specific information, let me know. any
info would help a lot!

thanks,
ian wehrman

PHP3 + Apache 1.3

Post by Rasmus Lerdo » Sun, 14 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> I'm working on compiling PHP3 as a module into the Apache 1.3 sources.
> I've used the setup script included with php3, answering mostly
> defaults, really only configuring it be compiled as a module, and
> pointing it to the apache source.  php compiles cleanly.  In compiling
> apache, i've used the old 'make' technique, and not the new APACI
> method.  After copying src/Configuration.tmpl to src/Configuration, i
> added the following line:

>     AddModule modules/php3/libmodphp3.a

As per the PHP3 installation instructions that should be:

      AddModule modules/php3/libphp3.a

Don't be fooled by the fact that this library is not there.  The Apache
build procedure will create it.

-Rasmus

1. Apache-1.3 and PHP3 - did work prior to 1.3

I have php compiled into 1.3 ok, but it doesn't seem to want to work?
Everything worked fine prior to 1.3, but not now....

any ideas anyone?
Ta
Bob

--
Support Whirled Peas.      Business in China?          China House

http://www.chalmers.com.au/ChinaHouse/Business/webposition
http://www.chalmers.com.au/ChinaHouse/Business/net2phone.html
http://www.chalmers.com.au/ChinaHouse/Business/vpay/vpay.html

2. No right shift. Loadkeys ignores it.

3. Upload ├╝ber WebSite-Formlar (SuSE 7.1, Apache 1.3, PHP3)

4. Mounting CDROM or How can I use a DOS driver for Linux?

5. php3 & apache 1.3

6. Software Field Engineer (Unix System Adm/SUN OS/SOLARIS) Herndon Virginia

7. Apache 1.3.* with FrontPage extensions and php3?

8. x86 and DPT-2012A compatible?

9. Install problem: Apache/PHP3/Oracle In Sloaris 2.6

10. Apache + PHP3 + Oracle

11. Is apache+PHP3 package compiled with MySQL support ???

12. Apache + PHP3 + MySQL

13. PHP3/4 on Apache