NS enterprise 3.01: nsconfig not working

NS enterprise 3.01: nsconfig not working

Post by Robert Ho » Tue, 03 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I am administrating enterprise 3.01 server on HP-UX 10.20.

I couldn't get the dynamic configuration file working for user
authentication.

This is how the .nsconfig looks like

<Files *>
#RestrictAccess method="(GET|POST)" type="deny" ip="*"
RequireAuth  realm="test" userpat="hou"
</Files>

every time I tried to access the file with access control, I got the
authentication window asking for user name and password, which is
what I expect. However, it always gave me authentication fails error.
I was pretty sure my password was correct. I know it's using this
nsconfig file because the "test" string was shown in the window.

If I applied access control through admin server, not through the
nsconfig file, it took my password.

Did I miss something? anybody get the dynamic config working?

Thanks

Robert

NS enterprise 3.01: nsconfig not working

Post by Kyle Tuck » Thu, 05 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

> I am administrating enterprise 3.01 server on HP-UX 10.20.
> I couldn't get the dynamic configuration file working for user
> authentication.

> If I applied access control through admin server, not through the
> nsconfig file, it took my password.

> Did I miss something? anybody get the dynamic config working?

From my experience you MUST tell the Netscape server to look
for the "dynamic configuration file" for it to recognize it's presence
and act according to the rules within. This is set from the Systems
Settings page; under Enterprise 2.1 anyway.

--
- Kyle
Kyle Tucker - UNIX Systems Administrator - EBSCO Publishing