file level authentication...

Post by Mike Fur » Fri, 08 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi all,
I'm running Apache on Linux and want to have different authentications
on different scripts in my cgi-bin directory.  I'm somewhat familiar
with .htaccess, .htpasswd & group files, but I don't know how to set it
up for individual files.  Also, do I need to change anything in the
access.conf file besides the AllowOverride directive in order to do this
for cgi's?
Thanx for any help,
-Mike

file level authentication...

Post by Ron Klatchk » Fri, 08 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> I'm running Apache on Linux and want to have different authentications
> on different scripts in my cgi-bin directory.  I'm somewhat familiar
> with .htaccess, .htpasswd & group files, but I don't know how to set it
> up for individual files.

Use <File></File> or <Location></Location> around the appropriate
directives.

moo