compiled appache for sgi irix 5.3

Post by David Maxwe » Fri, 18 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Netscape servers have a problem with - Document contains no Data-
error so I would like to set up our server on appache. I don't have
the C compiler for sgi it's $2500.00 well need I say more...
So if someone knows where I can download the coplied version of
appache for IRIX 5.3 it would be a great help.

David Maxwell

Post by Neil Mansill » Fri, 18 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> Netscape servers have a problem with - Document contains no Data-
> error so I would like to set up our server on appache. I don't have
> the C compiler for sgi it's $2500.00 well need I say more...
> So if someone knows where I can download the coplied version of
> appache for IRIX 5.3 it would be a great help.

> David Maxwell

Dear Mr. Maxwell,

A C compiler is $2500?  My lord... I'm far from IRIX smart, but
can't you just install the GNU C utils?  How does FREE sound?

Anyhow, if you want it for Irix, here you go:

http://www.apache.org/dist/binaries/irix_5.3/

Just full of Answers, today, aren't I?  Usually, just hot air
and a lot more questions.

Sincerely,
Neil Mansilla
Almighty Online

Post by Jason R. Mastal » Tue, 22 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> Dear Mr. Maxwell,

> A C compiler is $2500?  My lord... I'm far from IRIX smart, but
> can't you just install the GNU C utils?  How does FREE sound?

Free sounds great, but unfortunately, you can't even use GNU C until
you purchase the IRIX development option for $2500.

From the SGI apps FAQ

-5- Where's the C compiler?

Date: 04 May 1996 00:00:01 EST

  IRIX does not include a C compiler. Buy the Iris Developer's Option,
  which includes SGI's C compiler. Yes, it is expensive. You can't buy
  it used unless you buy the machine for which it was licensed. Ignore
  the compiler_eoe subsystem; it is only support for running executables
  compiled by others (e.g. SGI). Ignore /usr/cpu/sysgen/root/usr/bin/cc;
  it's only for rebuilding the kernel. Don't bother with gcc; it is
  completely useless without the libraries and header files in the IDO.
  When we say useless, we mean useless for anything whatsoever, not just
  useless for complicated things like OpenGL. Should you have IDO and
  still think you need gcc, see the hints under PORTING below.

1. Apache 1.1 on SGI IRIX 5.3

Hi Apache Guys

I have this big problem.. It's not possible to start the Apache Server on my
Silicon Graphics with IRIX 5.3.. The following Error-Message will be displayd:

server2 32# ./httpd -f /usr/local/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf
getpeername: Socket operation on non-socket
getsockname: Socket operation on non-socket
Error getting local address
server2 33#

what can i do to solv this problem.. because i have to set up this server, and
i would like to use Apache 1.1

Thanks for help..

2. PROBLEM: DIP3.3.7 hangs with MTU>280... HELP (kernel 1.2.0)

3. Sending printer control codes via lpr on SGI Irix 5.3

4. AMD XP+ Processors

5. Public Domain NIS/NFS that works with SGI's IRIX 5.3

6. Recursive FTP of nested folders

7. tcsh on SGI irix 5.3 won't ^Z

8. 2.4.19pre8-jp11

9. Apache binary for SGI Irix 5.3

10. SGI IRIX 5.3 + Excite 1.1p1

11. I need a good C++ compiler for SGI/IRIX 5.3

12. SGI/IRIX 5.3 arp storms:

13. URGENT HELP: SGI UNIX IRIX 5.3 box won't boot ("cannot load /sash:)