Apache 1.3.3/stronghold 2.4.1: non-Sec page -> Sec page problem

Apache 1.3.3/stronghold 2.4.1: non-Sec page -> Sec page problem

Post by Dean Karr » Tue, 15 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I have a plain Apache 1.3.3 server running on port 80 of a machine here.
It has *Many* v-hosts tied to it, all on port 80, with their own IP
numbers.

On the same machine there is a Stronghold 2.4.1 server that runs only on
port 443.  There are no v-hosts associated with this server.

The Apache server runs on the _same_ IP address as the Stronghold server
but the port numbers are different.

I am seeing this problem with an OLD unix version of Netscape 3.0 Gold.
I have seen the behaviour with a very recent version of Internet
Exporer.

The problem:

There is a web page under a v-host on the Apache server.  It has a link
from it to a page on the Stronghold server.  I can view the document
source and the URL of the link is correct.

When I try to follow the link I get the standard "You are accessing
a secure doc" message but the "key" stays broken and there is no blue
border.  I click on "Ok" and have the page.  Looking at the "Location"
of the page it should read

        https://my.securehost.com/dir1/dir2/page.html

instead it says

        http://the.v-host.com/dir/page.html

If you type in the "https" address by hand then you go to the secure
page but not if you follow the link from the page.

The Stronghold server is getting the request because it is being logged
in that server's access_log -- however every instance is being tagged as
Status 304.

I have no redirects set up in either server config.  I do not have any
re-write rules that I am aware of.

Any ideas?

Dean...K...
--
Dean Karres               | http://www2.southwind.net/~karres

Southwind Internet Access | Programmer / Systems Administrator
Wichita, KS               | <Troll 2nd Class /w Clusters>