Wildcard characters in Apache 1.1.1 scriptalias?

Wildcard characters in Apache 1.1.1 scriptalias?

Post by Brian J Mulrean » Mon, 21 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Is it possible to use wildcard characters in a scriptalias directive
with Apache 1.1.1.  I tried it and it did not appear to work.  I am
running MS Frontpage 1.1 and each time a web is created FP wants to
add Scriptalias lines.  This is because FP is looking to invoke
the extensions as /newweb/vti-bin/shtml.exe.  This means the server
has to be bounced to have the new web available.  The Netscape server
supports a wildcard directive like /*/vti-bin/shtml.exe which takes
care of this problem.  Is there a similar solution for Apache?

Thanks for any help,
bjm

1. shell variable to include wildcard character

I'm having a problem getting a shell variable to include a wild card
character, without the unix environment expanding the variable.  Basically I
would like the variable to reflect the string "filename.*"  However,
although I am aware that you can preceed the * by another character which
will stop the unix environment from interpretting it, I'm at a loss as to
what that particular character is.

2. newbie:Updating Linux

3. tcsh 6.03 isn't expanding wildcard characters on HP-UX 9.01

4. SECURITY: NSA Security-enhanced Linux updated

5. Wildcard characters and rc

6. SIGSEGV exception handler problem

7. Passing Quoted Wildcard Characters to a C Program

8. Benchmarking a file system.

9. sed and wildcard meta characters

10. Wildcard DNS, Wildcard ServerName, Rewrite/Problems.

11. Apache - tricky scriptalias + pathinfo + authentication problem

12. Apache ScriptAlias