getting the virtual host list

Post by a.ghisl.. » Mon, 03 Jul 2000 04:00:00

hello,

after searching in the apache doc and in dejanews i can't find
a way to let apache to give me the list of the virtualhost.

The pb is:

  i use a script that must do something for each virtualhost on
the server, after processing i send a email report to the serveradmin
of the virtualhost.

  i can process the http.conf file but if i had a way to ask apache
for the virtualhost list and for the serveradmin it will be nicer
since new version of apache or modification of the layout will not mess
all of my script actions...

  Do  someone know of a mean to do that ??

getting the virtual host list

Post by Scoo » Mon, 03 Jul 2000 04:00:00

try "httpd -S"
well i had no trouble finding out how:

Usage: ./httpd [-D name] [-d directory] [-f file]
               [-C "directive"] [-c "directive"]
               [-v] [-V] [-h] [-l] [-L] [-S] [-t] [-T]
  -D name          : define a name for use in <IfDefine name> directives
  -d directory     : specify an alternate initial ServerRoot
  -f file          : specify an alternate ServerConfigFile
  -C "directive"   : process directive before reading config files
  -c "directive"   : process directive after  reading config files
  -v               : show version number
  -V               : show compile settings
  -h               : list available command line options (this page)
  -l               : list compiled-in modules
  -L               : list available configuration directives
  -S               : show parsed settings (currently only vhost settings)
  -t               : run syntax check for config files (with docroot check)

  -T               : run syntax check for config files (without docroot
check)

> hello,

> after searching in the apache doc and in dejanews i can't find
> a way to let apache to give me the list of the virtualhost.

> The pb is:

>   i use a script that must do something for each virtualhost on
> the server, after processing i send a email report to the serveradmin
> of the virtualhost.

>   i can process the http.conf file but if i had a way to ask apache
> for the virtualhost list and for the serveradmin it will be nicer
> since new version of apache or modification of the layout will not mess
> all of my script actions...

>   Do  someone know of a mean to do that ??

getting the virtual host list

Post by a.ghisl.. » Mon, 03 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I must be dumb or perhaps it was to easy !! ;-)

sorry, and thanks for the help :-)

> try "httpd -S"
> well i had no trouble finding out how:

> Usage: ./httpd [-D name] [-d directory] [-f file]
>                [-C "directive"] [-c "directive"]
>                [-v] [-V] [-h] [-l] [-L] [-S] [-t] [-T]
>   -D name          : define a name for use in <IfDefine name> directives
>   -d directory     : specify an alternate initial ServerRoot
>   -f file          : specify an alternate ServerConfigFile
>   -C "directive"   : process directive before reading config files
>   -c "directive"   : process directive after  reading config files
>   -v               : show version number
>   -V               : show compile settings
>   -h               : list available command line options (this page)
>   -l               : list compiled-in modules
>   -L               : list available configuration directives
>   -S               : show parsed settings (currently only vhost settings)
>   -t               : run syntax check for config files (with docroot check)

>   -T               : run syntax check for config files (without docroot
> check)

1. getting a list of virtual hosts

Is there any possible way to get a list of the virtual hosts running on a
web server given the IP address of that server (assuming that you don't run
the server)?

I've thought of DNS - a good enough solution would be to get a list of
domains registered to an IP address given that IP address, but NetSol
doesn't appear to offer this service and I can't figure out how else I
would get this list.

So my other thought is that they may be a way to send some sort of request
to the webserver asking for it's domains.  An unlikely chance, but I
thought I'd ask.

Thanks for your help,
Jake Feasel

2. Pilot Sync doesn't work after Evolutino 1.2 Upgrade

3. Apache 1.3b2: Default Host and all virtual hosts serve only first virtual hosts pages?

4. TCP conn breaks

5. Apache 2.0.x virtual host ALWAYS beings up the FIRST host in the list..

6. NTP multicastclient and ntpq -p

7. FrontPage virtual hosting, removal or reset of virtual host

8. 4.5 ISO Not consitant. I must press the issue.

9. : How to prevent one named virtual host from "seeing" another virtual hosts files ?

10. Mixing Apache Name Based Virtual Hosts and SSL Virtual Host

11. For Discussion: web virtual hosting vs mail virtual hosting

12. Apache 2, Virtual hosting and directory listing..

13. wanted: list of unix virtual hosting optioins for reseller