Auth Modules for apache--->NT/2000 Domain

Auth Modules for apache--->NT/2000 Domain

Post by Mike Conw » Thu, 27 Jun 2002 07:31:40

Hello All,

We are running RH 7.3 with Apache 2.0.39 and would like to
authenticate against a windows NT Domain & Active Directory. So far we
have found,

Pam_SMB-1.9.9 - Easy to install but it requires a .htaccess file with
each users
                name.

mod_auth_ntdom - Requires Samba to be install on the box since it has
statically
                 linked modules.

Authen_SMB - Perl module that only works with IE and pulls login info
from
             current user who is logged in. (we need to support other
browsers
             as well)

ModAuthLDAP - This requires OpenLdap which isn't a problem but we are
having
              a hard time finding examples.

AuthenNTLM - Perl module that only works with IE as well.

If anyone has a recommendations or could point us to a site where we
can find more information it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike Conway

Auth Modules for apache--->NT/2000 Domain

Post by Tulan W. H » Fri, 28 Jun 2002 06:16:59

Quote:> AuthenNTLM - Perl module that only works with IE as well.

I tried AuthenNTLM and it works for both IE and netscape.
IE - it authenticates you behind your back. (user does not know)
Netscape - it pops up a dialog box and asks user to enter uid and passwd.

Post by Mike Conw » Sat, 29 Jun 2002 08:12:37

Quote:> > AuthenNTLM - Perl module that only works with IE as well.

> I tried AuthenNTLM and it works for both IE and netscape.
> IE - it authenticates you behind your back. (user does not know)
> Netscape - it pops up a dialog box and asks user to enter uid and passwd.

Nice, we re-installed AuthNTLM and it works great. Thanks for your advice, Mike

1. Apache Rewrite domain.com->index.php domain.org->index2.php

Hello

is it possible to make something like this

the domain.com and domain.org "shows" to the same file index.php
on the server.

But i want somethingh like this

domain.com -> /index.php
domain.org -> /index2.php

and this should be done in .htaccess

can anybody help me?

thanx in advance
Thomas Bosshard

2. FS *********** SUN DLT tape backup $3200 ************

3. Problem setting r->connection->user with new cookie auth module

4. Mozilla Crashes when I try to edit Message Filters.

5. Win95->Linux->PPP->NT Domain?

6. NFS mounting of /var/mail?

7. Apache Proxy Module going against a NT Domain

8. KDE & RH5.2

9. Linux in NT/2000 domain

10. apache + php + basic auth => password theft => solutions?

11. user auth against NT Domain

12. Where can I get Apache for Windows NT/2000?