Apache: Using User Authentication

Post by Albert Josep Ortu?o i Fe » Wed, 12 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I do not know what happens, I have made those steps:

        - Using htpasswd, I have created a new user file
        - Then I have changed the access.conf with AllowOverride          AuthConfig
        - Last I have written .htaccess in my personnal dir. with

                AuthName restricted stuff
                Authtype Basic
                AuthUserFile /../../myuserfile

                require user mylogin

        But when I read my dir the server sends to me: server error
What can I do to solve this problem? please help me.

Albert

Post by Kyler Lai » Wed, 12 Mar 1997 04:00:00

>            AuthUserFile /../../myuserfile

Whoa!  Where the hell is *that*?  "two levels up from the
root directory"?!

Quote:>    But when I read my dir the server sends to me: server error
>What can I do to solve this problem? please help me.

Check your error log and then fix that path.

--kyler

1. apache user authentication using /etc/passwd file ?

Hi Folks,

While implementing user authentication for an apache server, I would
like to make use of the unix system's /etc/passwd file for
usernames and passwords. Is it possible to do this with the native
user authentication scheme of apache ?

In other words, I would still have the .htaccess and .htgroups file,
but instead of creating a .htpasswd file, I would like the apache
server to refer to the host system's /etc/password file.

Has anyone done this ? Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Vinay

2. Solaris 2.2 catman -w with motif man pages fails ?

3. Apache 1.3.3 - DBM User Authentication - Using Groups

4. Tripwire 1.3.1 and CD-Rs

5. User-Authentication using the UNIX-system passwd-file with Apache HTTPd?

6. NFS mount

7. User authentication using UNIX password file with Apache

8. outputting from tty1a at 19200 baud

9. User authentication using Sybase, and implementing a 3 try lockout

10. Using User Authentication

11. Secure user authentication for NFS using RPCSEC_GSS [4/6]

12. NT users authentication using linux pswd file.

13. User authentication using cookies. How??